- State benefits first.
- Order features based on benefit for end users.
- Include links to docs where appropriate.
- Check/test if the issue was in previous server version.
- All sections
- Check that all sections are written and formatted the same way as in previous Changelogs.
- Work with Dev Ops on this section.
- Next version
- If the Changelog mentions items regarding upcoming versions, move them to the bottom of the Changelog.
Ways to Meet Deadlines
- Post a list of dates for next release at or soon after T-0 and ping all of the teams.
- For features and bugs, start pinging early enough before due dates and make public posts.
- When pinging people, provide a clear due date and give a reason for the due date (e.g., Code Complete on Monday).
- Ask if people need any help or have any questions.
- Post a reminder at T-12 for translators about the release translations due date, e.g., https://community.mattermost.com/core/pl/466tkyxfdtftirxj31n8gpou5h.
- Monitor progress of translations at https://translate.mattermost.com/projects/mattermost/ and ping language maintainers a few days before due date if they’re not getting to 100%.
- Ask Elias to hold on submitting final translations PR if some translators need more time, or ask him to submit a new one if a translations PR was already submitted.
- Target date for final translations PR is T-5, but T-3 is acceptable.
Ways That Features/Bugs Guidelines are Currently Enforced
- Features guidelines:
- Sometimes features are merged after T-12.
- Start to ping people already at T-15 or earlier for feature PRs that are still open.
- Bugs guidelines:
- Need to focus on fixing only S1 and S2 bugs after T-5 to avoid missing T-2 deadline for cutting the final.
Ways to Ensure Features are Tested for HA/Mobile/Scale
- Mobile: Added a release checklist item for QAs for T-11.
- HA: Test server available.
- Scale: Via loadtests.
- Blog post:
- Follow guidelines.
- Audience: end-users, admin/tech.
- Include CTAs and avoid including external links unless they direct to Mattermost website or documentation.
- Give release outline for all PMs and Rich before giving to Justin.
- Check that the link on the email banner is correct.