Product Manager FAQ¶
Can we take this feature out of beta?¶
To officially release a feature, it should meet the following criteria:
- Scalable: Works for 60k concurrent connections, 60M rows in the database, and in High Availability
- Cross Platform: Works on all web view sizes, mobile apps, desktop apps
- Measurable: Telemetry added where appropriate
- Documented: Complete documentation is available
- Secure: Reviewed internally for security, and included in future security reviews
- Accessible: Accessibility has been added for user interface components
- Logged: Audit log entries have been added to allow system admins to troubleshoot issues
- Compliant: Anything needed for compliance is tracked in logs
How to create redirects for in-product documentation?¶
Documentation that is linked in-product should always use a redirect from www.mattermost.com instead of the docs.mattermost.com site, to ensure links are not broken in the event that they are moved on the docs site.
To set up a redirect, you must have admin access to www.mattermost.com. Marketing can assist with this access or @jason.blais or @katie.wiersgalla can add a redirect for you.
If you have access, follow these steps:
- Log in to the administration panel for www.mattermost.com.
- From the left-hand sidebar, go to SEO > Redirects.
- On the top of the screen, ensure you are on the Redirects - Yoast SEO page header on the Redirects tab.
- Under Type, choose
301 Moved Permanentlyoption (this is the default option).
- In the Old url field, enter in the new direct you want to use in-product in the format of
/pl/default-page-description. Update the page description with your page information.
- In the Url field, enter in the full URL to the page on docs.mattermost.com.
- Click the Add Redirect botton and verify your entry is added to the list. You may need to page through to find your entry.
- Test your redirect URL. This will be the URL in the format of