Mattermost Partner Programs¶
Mattermost offers multiple partner programs:
- Mattermost Authorized Partner Program for one-time resale transactions fulfilling customer request to reseller.
- Mattermost Value-Added Reseller Program for on-going resellers providing first and second tier support in local language and local timezone.
- Mattermost Deployment Solutions Partner Program - for co-marketing relationships with both commercial and open source partners automating the deployment of Mattermost.
Mattermost Value-Added Reseller Program¶
The purpose of the Mattermost Value Added Reseller program is to enable customers to purchase Mattermost Enterprise Edition via a partner who provides fulfillment support as well as first and second tier customer support in local time zone and local language.
Value-Added Resellers who complete online training and have set up local support processes are offered a discount to Mattermost Enterprise Edition list prices.
Becoming a Mattermost Value-Added Reseller (“VAR”)¶
Complete a contact form with Mattermost requesting a reseller discussion.
Reseller applications are reviewed within 1-2 weeks. Resellers meeting the following criteria are invited for a partnership discussion:
- An existing customer has inquired by purchasing Mattermost Enterprise Edition via resale
- Your company has at least 2 years of operating history
- If your company is located in a non-English-speaking country, you are willing and able to provide 1st and 2nd tier support in the local language, via training materials provided by Mattermost, Inc.
- Provided partnership discussion meets expectations, a non-exclusive reseller agreement is offered to the reseller specific to geography and industry.
Reseller works with Strategic Alliance Manager on Mattermost Enterprise Edition opportunities.
For each customer opportunity, you must complete a deal registration form to be eligible for a reseller discount.
Once the deal is registered Mattermost will review the registration and contact you regarding approval, rejection or to obtain more information.
Request a quotation from your Mattermost Strategic Alliance Manager for customer purchase, including the email address of the customer contact who will receive the license key.
The customer must sign the quotation before you issue a purchase order.
Mattermost, Inc. will then:
- Review the terms and conditions of the order
- Send the customer contact a request to complete a customer registration form (password provided after PO is sent), which includes an agreement to accept Enterprise Edition Subscription Terms for Purchase by Resale.
- After the customer registration form is complete, it will be reviewed within one business day and a license key issued via email
- Issue you an invoice (payment due within 30 days)
If a partner has registered a deal, received approval and the customer purchases online, the partner may invoice Mattermost for a referral fee equal to the discount off list price for the product with an invoice note “Referral fee for deal registration [DEAL_REGISTRATION_NUMBER]” (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mattermost Deployment Solutions Partner Program¶
Commercial and open source organizations who demonstrate the ability to automate the deployment and maintenance of Mattermost systems per our Deployment Solution Program guidelines are offered a co-marketing partnership, which may include:
- Listings in the Mattermost partner directory
- Guest writer opportunities on the Mattermost blog
- Joint-webinar opportunties
- Promotion on Mattermost social media accounts
To apply for the program, complete the contact form with Mattermost requesting a deployment solutions partner discussion.
A directory of Mattermost partners can be found at https://about.mattermost.com/partners/
After completion of a partner agreement, partners are invited to send an overview of their services with a logo to inclusion in the Mattermost partner directory.
To get started, please email the following to: email@example.com
- Partner Name - Your legal name may be shortened to fit in the directory listing. If you wish you can state your full legal name as part of your partner description
- Partner Contact Information - The best email address (and phone number, if preferred) where you can be reached
- Partner Description - 30-100 words describing your business. See examples at https://about.mattermost.com/partners/
- City, State/Province and Country - Location of key office or offices providing Mattermost services, or global headquarters.
- Logo - At least 200px wide
If you have joined the Value-Added Reseller program, your reseller territory will appear in the listing as well.
Listing Location of Key Office¶
In the partner listing, city locations follow a “concise clarity” principle:
- Cities that are not well-known, or which have very similiarly named cities in the same country, are displayed as CITY, STATE/PROVINCE, COUNTRY
- Otherwise for well-known and uniquely named cities, display is CITY, COUNTRY.
For example: A well-known city with a unique name like Johanesberg would be displayed as “Johannesburg, South Africa” and not “Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa”, which is unnecessarily long. Similiarly a not well-known city, like “Arvada” is referenced as “Arvada, Colorado, USA”.
Partner Evaluation License¶
As a Value-Added Reseller you can request a renewable 1-year E20 license for up to 20 users.
- Go to https://www.mattermost.com/trial/ to complete a trial form and enter [RESELLER] after your organization name.
- In the “Where are you with Mattermost” section, select “other”.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the above have been completed so your application can be reviewed and matched against our certified reseller database.
- Please expect delivery in 2-3 business days.
Mattermost Partner Program FAQ¶
Frequently asked questions from Mattermost partners.
Can a partner sell Mattermost products without revealing the name of an end customer?¶
No. Mattermost, Inc. must know all end customers with whom it does business. This is important for Mattermost to be able to service and renew the end customer if the reseller relationship is discontinued. Moreover, Mattermost cannot do business with customers in countries embargoed by the United States and this must be confirmed in any commercial transaction.