Creating New Jira Bug Tickets¶
Bugs are any “obvious errors” on how the product or a feature is functioning as well as any UI issues. If you’re not reporting an obvious error, please file a Story ticket instead. Errors on unsupported platforms are not considered bugs.
1. Initial steps to access the “Mattermost” Jira project¶
- Create a Jira account with your mattermost email address at https://mattermost.atlassian.net.
- Ask to give your account permission to create Jira tickets in our Jira Configuration channel.
- Create a ticket in Jira’s “Mattermost” project following the next steps below with a note on its priority level.
2. Confirm you’re filing a new issue¶
- Search existing tickets in Jira’s “Mattermost” project to confirm your issue isn’t already filed by someone else.
3. Confirm the bug is not a confidential issue¶
- If your issue involves security or if it involves confidential information or customer information, please mark the bug ticket as internal.
4. Information needed on Mattermost bug tickets¶
- Labels: Add a
customer-buglabel if the ticket is based on a customer bug report. Add a
community-buglabel if the ticket is based on a community bug report.
- Environment: Mattermost server and version, OS and version, Mattermost mobile app version, Mattermost desktop app version, any notable Mattermost configurations (such as HA, Elasticsearch, image proxy, SSO).
- Steps to reproduce: How can we reproduce the issue.
- Expected behavior: Describe what you’re expecting to see.
- Observed behavior: Describe your issue in detail. What did you see happen? Please include relevant error messages and/or screenshots.
- Regression: Please re-test your issue (if possible) on the previous Mattermost version at https://prev.test.mattermost.com to see if the bug is a recent regression.
5. Additional helpful information¶
- Summary: Add a summary and any additional relevant details of the issue if it helps make the bug more clear.
- Attachments: Please include screenshots and/or videos of any helpful error messages and snippets of what you are seeing.
- Possible fixes: If you can, link to the line of code that might be responsible for the problem.