Guest Blog Posts for Mattermost Apps and Services¶
This document outlines the procedures in developing guest blog posts for Mattermost apps and services. Mattermost, Inc. is excited to bring attention to guest companies and their experiences with using Mattermost.
Please provide the following for Mattermost by email:
- A draft of the blog post describing your experience developing an app or service for Mattermost.
- A photo and a short bio of the author. Photos and bios of each member participating in the guest blog post are more than welcome. The size of the photo should be at least 400 x 400 px so that it can be easily included in a banner or as a screenshot in an article. The bio should be one to two sentences.
A link to the final draft of the blog post will be sent to you by email, so that you can offer feedback and recommendations on it.
Mattermost Guest Blog Post Coordinator¶
Follow these guidelines to develop a clear and concise guest blog post:
- Begin the article with a short bio and introduction of the author(s). Include a link to the guest company’s website the first time it is mentioned in the text.
- Include a screenshot of the guest company’s logo in the post.
- At the end of the post, include a short summary of the guest company as well as a call for readers to share feedback.
- Also, refer to style guidelines while writing the article.
- Choose a relevant visual for the blog post, such as a photo of the author or the guest company’s building.
Mattermost recipes are technical posts that show how to use Mattermost alongside other services or demonstrate Mattermost features. They consist of three main parts and one optional part:
- Problem: This is a concise description of a specific task the solution section will cover. For example, “You have an LDAP server and want to use it for Mattermost authentication” or “You want to use Mattermost with Google Calendar to send meeting reminders to certain channels.”
- Solution: The solution is the steps required to solve the problem. Be sure to focus on the “how” and not the “why”. Use code and configuration examples, and screenshots where necessary to be as clear as possible.
- Discussion: This section discusses the strategy used in the solution, and also points out opportunities for extending the solution. If there are any tools or techniques used in the solution, this is the place you can elaborate on them.
- See Also: The final section is optional, and is for links to other documentation about the tools mentioned in the recipe.
For an example Mattermost recipe, please read this blog post.