Creating and Editing Mattermost User’s Guide¶
This document describes the best practices for creating Mattermost documentation for end users.
Follow these steps:
- Start the document by describing the benefits of the feature for end users (please see this example).
- Proceed to explain how to use the feature - use short bullet points as well as screenshots as applicable.
- Include useful tips as applicable.
If a document includes multiple features that are related to each other, order them based on which functionality is used the most, e.g.: how to attach files > file previewer > sharing public links.
Additional Instructions if Editing an Existing Document¶
- Start fresh - begin by writing a draft in a Google document from scratch.
- Compare to the original document to add any important information or tips that you forgot to include in your draft.