Mattermost provides high trust collaboration and messaging solutions through an open source, community-powered approach. Enjoy all the productivity benefits of workplace messaging across web, mobile and PC, with unlimited archiving, search and integrations within IT-controlled private environments in public clouds, including AWS and Azure, as well as on-premise in private clouds and virtual or physical servers.
Thousands of organizations use Mattermost around the world in 16 languages for its unmatched benefits:
- Security - Keep vital communications, including access to mobile and desktop apps, within your private environments. Deploy using dozens of security features vetted by global information security communities. Data stays on servers you control, encrypted using keys you control.
- Configurability - Adapt your deployment to your needs, preferences, policies and existing systems. Mattermost integrates with your evolving security, compliance and monitoring infrastructure and offers a host of app integrations, webhooks, APIs, and drivers to bring all your communication and workflow into one place.
- Scalability - Grow from dozens of users to tens of thousands on the same server. Built on a high performance, single-tenant infrastructure, Mattermost E20 offers cluster-based high availability deployments with horizontal scaling and advanced performance monitoring.
About the Mattermost Open Source Project¶
At its core, Mattermost is an open source, hybrid cloud alternative to proprietary SaaS messaging for teams. The software, developed in partnership with over 500 contributors from around the world, is designed to increase the agility, efficiency and innovation in high trust organizations while keeping data and operations under IT control.
Core committers, including both community contributors and paid staff at Mattermost, Inc., determine the project roadmap. For enterprises with needs beyond the scope of the open source project, commercial “Enterprise Edition” extensions are available from Mattermost, Inc. Partnership with our core committer community, along with revenue from Enterprise Edition, ensures the continued improvement of all editions.
Mattermost is offered in three editions:
Mattermost Team Edition¶
A free-to-use, open source, self-hosted alternative to proprietary SaaS messaging. Team Edition is your open source “virtual office”, offering all the core productivity benefits of competing SaaS solutions. It deploys as single Linux binary with MySQL or PostgreSQL under an MIT license. Features include:
- One-to-one and group messaging, file sharing, and unlimited search history
- Native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
- Threaded messaging, emoji, and custom emoji
- Tools for custom branding
- Continuous archiving
- Multi-factor authentication
- Highly customizable third party bots, integrations, and command line tools
- Extensive integration support via webhooks, APIs, drivers and third party extensions
- Easily scalable from dozens to hundreds of users
- New features and improvements released every two months
- Multiple languages including U.S. English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Spanish, and Ukrainian
To get started, download the open source Mattermost Team Edition server under an MIT license.
Mattermost Enterprise Edition E10¶
A commercial enterprise messaging solution for teams, groups and departments working on multiple projects scaling from hundreds to thousands of users. E10 is your “virtual campus”, offering security, configuration and access control options for larger organizations. Building on the features in Team Edition, it also offers:
- Active Directory/LDAP single-sign-on
- Encrypted push notifications with service level agreements (SLAs) via HPNS
- Advanced access control policy
- Next business day support via online ticketing system
- Scale to handle thousands of users
Mattermost Enterprise Edition E20¶
A commercial enterprise-grade messaging system that scales from hundreds to tens of thousands of users. E20 is your “virtual city”, with cluster-based horizontal scaling, high availability deployment, performance monitoring systems and compliance reporting plus advanced corporate directory integration. Building on the features in E10, it also offers:
- Advanced SAML 2.0 authentication with Okta, OneLogin, and Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory/LDAP group sync
- Compliance exports of message histories with oversight protection
- Custom retention policies for messages and files
- High availability support with multi-node database deployment
- Horizontal scaling through cluster-based deployment
- Elasticsearch support for highly efficient database searches in a cluster environment
- Advanced performance monitoring
- Eligibility for Premier Support add-on
For purchases above 3,000 seats, please contact our enterprise sales team.