Troubleshooting Push Notifications¶
If you did not receive a push notification when testing push notifications, use the following procedure to troubleshoot:
- In System Console > Environment > Logging > File Log Level (or System Console > General > Logging > File Log Level in versions prior to 5.12) select DEBUG in order to watch for push notifications in the server log.
- Delete your mobile application, and reinstall it.
- Sign in with “Account A” and confirm you want to receive push notifications when prompted by the mobile app.
- On desktop, go to Account Settings > Security > View and Logout of Active Sessions and check that there is a session for the native mobile app matching your login time.
- Repeat the procedure for testing push notifications.
- If no push notification appears go to System Console > Server Logs and click Reload. Look at the bottom of the logs for a message similar to:
[2016/04/21 03:16:44 UTC] [DEBG] Sending push notification to 608xyz0... wi msg of '@accountb: Hello'
- If the log message appears, it means a message was sent to the HPNS server and was not received by your mobile application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “HPNS issue on Step 8” for help from the commercial support team.
- If the log message does not appear, it means no mobile push notification was sent to “Account A”. Please repeat the process starting at step 2 and double-check each step.
- IMPORTANT: In order to conserve disk space, once the issue is resolved, go to System Console > Environment > Logging > File Log Level (or System Console > General > Logging > File Log Level in versions prior to 5.12) and select ERROR to switch your logging detail level from DEBUG to Errors Only.