Install from Apple App Store and Google Play¶
To deploy the apps hosted in the Apple App Store and Google Play, we recommend you take the following steps to secure your deployment:
- Set up a way to connect to your private network Mattermost instance, using:
- An external proxy with encrypted transport through HTTPS and WSS network connections
- (Recommended) Depending on your security policies, consider deploying a mobile VPN client with multi-factor authentication (MFA), GitLab SSO with MFA, or run Mattermost Enterprise Edition with MFA
- Enable mobile push notifications
- Go to System Console > Notifications > Mobile Push in prior versions or System Console > Environment > Push Notification Server in versions after 5.12
- If testing the apps, or using Team Edition: Select “Use TPNS connection to send notifications to iOS and Android apps”
- If using the apps in production with Enterprise Edition: Select “Use HPNS connection with uptime SLA to send notifications to iOS and Android apps”
- (Optional) Customize mobile push notification contents
- Go to System Console > Notifications > Mobile Push in prior versions or System Console > Site Configuration > Notifications in versions after 5.12
- Select an option for Push Notification Contents to specify what type of information to include in push notifications
- Most deployments choose to include the full message content sent in the notification payload. If your organization has policies or compliance requirements regarding data security, you may opt for sending full message content fetched from the server on receipt (Enterprise Edition E20) so messages are not sent to Apple’s Push Notification Service or Google’s Firebase Cloud Messaging notification service.
- Download the mobile applications to your mobile device:
- Open the mobile application and enter the address of your Mattermost server to connect
- Confirm you’re subscribed to Mattermost Security Bulletins. In future, when notified of security updates, apply them promptly.