In-depth documentation on installation, deployment and administration of Mattermost system.
Use the following materials as a template to help you plan and document the implementation of Mattermost at your organization.
Learn how to get Mattermost running on your environment.
- Software and Hardware Requirements
- Installing on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Installing on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Installing on Kubernetes
- Installing on Debian Buster
- Installing on RHEL 6
- Installing on RHEL 7
- Installing on CentOS, Oracle Linux, and Scientific Linux
- Instructions On Setting Up a Socket-based Mattermost Database
- Enterprise Install and Upgrade
- Configuring Transport Encryption
- Deploy Mattermost on Bitnami
- Local Machine Setup using Docker
- Production Docker Deployment
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk Docker Setup
- Deploy Mattermost on Cloudron (Unofficial)
- Installing Mattermost Team Edition in GitLab Helm Chart
- MySQL Installation Troubleshooting
- Desktop Application Install Guides
- Desktop MSI Installer and Group Policy Installation Guides (Beta)
- SMTP Email Setup
- Configuring CloudFront to host Mattermost static assets
- Using an Outbound Proxy
- Chinese, Japanese and Korean Search
- Configuring Apache2 (Unofficial)
Learn how to host Mattermost to meet your networking requirements.
- Deployment Overview
- Desktop App Deployment Guide
- AppConfig for EMM Solutions with Mattermost Mobile Apps
- Image Proxy
- Encryption Options
- Client-side Data Storage FAQ
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
Learn how to configure settings to meet your unique requirements.
- Configuration Settings
- Configuration in the Mattermost Database
- Configuration Settings Prior to v5.12
- Customizing Mattermost
- Email Templates
- Custom Branding Tools
Learn how to configure and administer Mattermost apps.
- Mobile Applications Guide
- AppConfig for EMM Solutions with Mattermost Mobile Apps
- Hosted Push Notification Service
- Mobile Apps FAQ
- Can I connect to multiple Mattermost servers using the mobile apps?
- Is there a tablet version of the mobile apps?
- Can the permanent sidebar on tablet devices be disabled?
- How is data handled on mobile devices after a user account is deactivated?
- Do I need to compile the mobile apps to host my own push notification server?
- How do push notifications work?
- What post metadata is sent in mobile push notifications?
- What are my options for securing the mobile apps?
- What are my options for securing push notifications?
- How do I deploy Mattermost with Enterprise Mobility Management providers?
- How do I host the Mattermost push notification service?
- How do I receive mobile push notification if my IT policy requires the use of a corporate proxy server?
- How do I white label the app and customize build settings?
- How do I pre-configure the server URL for my users?
- How can I get Google SSO to work with the Mattermost Mobile Apps?
- How do I configure Deep Linking?
- How do I connect users across internal and external networks?
- Troubleshooting Mobile Applications
- I keep getting a message “Cannot connect to the server. Please check your server URL and internet connection.”
- Login with ADFS/Office365 is not working
- I see a “Connecting…” bar that does not go away
- I’m not receiving push notifications on my device
- All my outbound connections need to go through a proxy. How can I connect to the Mattermost Hosted Push Notification Service?
- Build gets stuck at
- No image previews available in the mobile app
- None of these solve my problem!
Learn how to get your users into and comfortable using Mattermost.
- Bulk Loading Data
- Migration Guide
- Migrating the Mattermost Server
- Migrating to Mattermost From Other Messaging Solutions
- Migrating from HipChat to Mattermost
- Migration Announcement Email
- Provisioning Workflows
- Active Directory/LDAP Setup (E10/E20)
- Pre-installation notes
- Getting started
- Troubleshooting / FAQ
- If “AD/LDAP Test” button fails, how can I troubleshoot the connection?
- When I first set up and synchronize AD/LDAP, are the users automatically created in Mattermost?
- When I try to synchronize AD/LDAP, why does the Status show as
Pendingand not complete?
- What is the difference between the Username Attribute, ID Attribute and Login ID Attribute?
- If I want to add people to channels, can I pre-create users somehow?
- How does deactivating users work?
- Can I connect to multiple Active Directory servers?
- When trying to sign in, I see the error
AD/LDAP not available on this server
- I see the error
User not registered on AD/LDAP server
- I updated a user account in AD/LDAP, and they can no longer log in to Mattermost
- I see the log error
LDAP Result Code 4 "Size Limit Exceeded"
- Where can I find help on AD/LDAP configuration settings in config.json?
- Can the AD/LDAP User Filter read Security groups?
- How do I know if an AD/LDAP sync job fails?
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- AD/LDAP Groups (Experimental) (E20)
- Pre-installation Notes
- Enabling AD/LDAP Group Synchronization
- Using AD/LDAP Group Synchronization
- Linking AD/LDAP Groups to Mattermost Groups
- Configuring the Group
- Adding Default Teams or Channels For The Group
- Synchronizing Teams and Channels
- Removing Configured Teams and Channels From a Group
- Viewing Users Belonging to The Group
- Disabling and Re-activating AD/LDAP Users
- Managing Groups
- Deleting Groups
- Using AD/LDAP Synchronized Groups to Manage Team or Private Channel Membership
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is AD/LDAP Group Sync experimental?
- When will AD/LDAP Group Sync be in beta?
- Why can’t my existing users see the teams and channels they have been synced to?
- How do nested groups work with AD/LDAP Group Sync?
- How do I manage a team or private channel membership with synchronized groups?
- How do I use AD/LDAP Group Sync with SAML?
- Why aren’t public channels supported with synchronized groups?
- Does a team with its membership managed by groups have any effect on public channel access?
- Why don’t users get readded to teams or channels once they have been removed from and then later re-added to the LDAP group?
- SAML Single-Sign-On (E20)
- Okta SAML Configuration
- OneLogin SAML Configuration
- Microsoft ADFS SAML Configuration
- Configuration Assistance
- SAML Single-Sign-On (E20): Technical Documentation
- GitLab Single Sign-On
- Google Single Sign-On (E20)
- Office 365 Single Sign-On (E20)
- SSL Client Certificate Setup (Beta)
- Certificate-Based Authentication (Experimental)
- Advanced Permissions (E10/E20)
- Advanced Permissions: Backend Infrastructure
- Guest Accounts (Beta) (E10 and E20)
- Enabling Guest Accounts
- Guest Authentication
- Inviting Guests to the Mattermost Server
- Guest Permission Settings
- Guest Identification
- Managing Guests
- Disabling Guest Accounts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How am I charged for Guest Accounts?
- Why doesn’t Mattermost have single-channel guests?
- Can I set an expiration date for guests?
- Can MFA be applied selectively?
- Why is the Guest Account feature in Beta?
- Has the Guest Accounts feature been reviewed by an external security firm?
- How can I validate my guests’ identity?
- Can I restrict guests’ ability to upload content?
Learn how to maintain your Mattermost system.
- Command Line Tools
- User Satisfaction Surveys
- Health Check
- Announcement Banner (E10)
- Bulk Export Tool
Learn how to keep Mattermost current with fixes and new features.
- Upgrading Mattermost Server
- Important Upgrade Notes
- Mattermost Changelog
- Release v5.17 - Quality Release
- Release v5.16 - Feature Release
- Release v5.15 - Quality Release
- Release v5.14 - Feature Release
- Release v5.13 - Quality Release
- Release v5.12 - Feature Release
- Release v5.11 - Quality Release
- Release v5.10 - Feature Release
- Release v5.9 - ESR
- Release v5.8 - Feature Release
- Release v5.7 - Quality Release
- Release v5.6 - Feature Release
- Release v5.5 - Quality Release
- Release v5.4 - Feature Release
- Release v5.3 - Feature Release
- Release v5.2 - Feature Release
- Release v5.1 - Feature Release
- Release v5.0 - Feature Release
- Release v4.10 - ESR
- Release v4.9 - Feature Release
- Release v4.8 - Feature Release
- Release v4.7 - Feature Release
- Release v4.6 - Feature Release
- Release v4.5 - Feature Release
- Release v4.4.5 - Feature Release
- Release v4.3.4 - Feature Release
- Release v4.2.2 - Feature Release
- Release v4.1.2 - Feature Release
- Release v4.0.5 - Feature Release
- Release v3.10.3
- Release v3.9.2
- Release v3.8.3
- Release v3.7.5
- Release v3.6.7
- Release v3.5.1
- Release v3.4.0
- Release v3.3.0
- Release v3.2.0
- Release v3.1.0
- Release v3.0.3
- Release v2.2.0
- Release v2.1.0
- Release v2.0.0
- Release v1.4.0
- Release v1.3.0
- Release v1.2.1
- Release v1.2.0 (Redacted Release)
- Release v1.1.1 (Quality Release)
- Release v1.1.0
- Release v1.0.0
- Release v0.7.0 (Beta1)
- Release v0.6.0 (Alpha)
- Release v0.5.0 (Preview)
- Desktop Application Changelog
- Version Archive
- Extended Support Release
- What is an Extended Support Release?
- What is the life cycle of an Extended Support Release?
- What is included in an Extended Support Release dot release?
- Who should use an Extended Support Release?
- How do I install the Extended Support Release?
- What are the current supported Extended Support Release versions?
- How do I restore a previous Extended Support Release?
- Why is an Extended Support Release supported for 9 months and not longer?
- Can customers pay for extended support?
- Release Lifecycle
- Downgrading Mattermost Server
- Open Source Components
Learn how to extend Mattermost by integrating your workflows.
- Mattermost Developer Toolkit
- Incident Response Application (EE, Closed Alpha)
- Atlassian Tools
- CI/CD Tools
- Incident Response and Monitoring Tools
- Voice, Video and Screensharing
- Productivity Tools
Learn how to adhere to your security and regulations.
- Electronic Discovery
- Compliance Reporting and Oversight (E20)
- Compliance Export Beta (E20)
- Data Retention Policy (E20)
- Custom Terms of Service (Beta) (E20)
Learn how to support growth within Mattermost.
- Scaling for Enterprise
- High Availability Cluster (E20)
- High Availability Cluster (v3.10 and earlier)
- Elasticsearch (E20)
- Performance Monitoring (E20)
- Mattermost Performance Alerting Guide