User Satisfaction Surveys¶
The user satisfaction survey is a pre-packaged plugin, and surveys are enabled by default on all servers when upgrading to v5.12 or later. However, the plugin will not be activated on any servers that have Error and Diagnostic Reporting disabled, meaning no surveys or data collection occurs.
Disabling the User Satisfaction Surveys plugin from System Console > Plugins (Beta) > Plugin Management will disable surveys and all data collection by the plugin. If surveys have been disabled from the plugin configuration in System Console > Plugins (Beta) > User Satisfaction Surveys but the plugin itself is still enabled, surveys will not be scheduled but users can still send written feedback by messaging Surveybot.
If the plugin or surveys in the plugin configuration are disabled, they will remain disabled for subsequent server upgrades.
Users will receive a survey every 90 days, assuming the following conditions are true:
- User Satisfaction Surveys plugin is enabled in System Console > Plugins (Beta) > Plugin Management
- Surveys are enabled in the plugin configuration in System Console > Plugins (Beta) > User Satisfaction Surveys
- User account is greater than 21 days old
- User has not completed a survey in the last 90 days
Once the survey is triggered on the workspace, all users will receive an in-product Direct Messages from “Surveybot” on their next login or page refresh in Mattermost.
Users can optionally select a 0-10 score on how likely they are to recommend Mattermost and then provide written feedback about their experience. Selecting a score and providing feedback are optional, and the survey can be ignored without interrupting usage of Mattermost.
- Survey information:
- Score (0-10) submitted by the user
- Written feedback submitted by the user (if applicable)
- Timestamp of the survey submission
- User information:
- User role (System Admin, Team Admin, or member)
- Account creation timestamp
- User ID of the surveyed user