Google Single Sign-On¶
Follow these steps to configure Mattermost to use Google as a Single Sign-on (SSO) service for team creation, account creation, and sign-in.
- Google SSO is not yet supported in the Mattermost Mobile app. If you want to use Google SSO on mobile, you’ll have to build your own app.
- The Google People API has replaced the Google+ API, which was deprecated by Google as of March 7th, 2019 per their notice at https://developers.google.com/+/api-shutdown.
- Go to Google API Manager, click Credentials in the left hand sidebar, click Create a project and enter “Mattermost - your-company-name” as the Project Name, then click Create.
- In the Dashboard click the option to ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
Once in the API Library, scroll down to Google People API and click Enable in the header. This might take a few minutes to propagate through Google’s systems.
- Leave the Google+ API menu to return to the APIs & Services menu. In the left hand sidebar select Credentials, click the OAuth consent screen header and enter “Mattermost” as the Application Name, then click Save.
Scroll further down to add your Mattermost instance to a list of authorized domains that can access the API. For example, if it is hosted on
- Select Credentials and click Create credentials, then choose OAuth client ID from the drop-down list.
- Select Web Application as the Application type, and choose a descriptive Name for the OAuth connection.
Under Restrictions > Authorized redirect URIs, enter
http://localhost:8065/signup/google/complete). Click Create.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret, which will be used to configure Google SSO for Mattermost.
- In System Console > OAuth 2.0 > Select OAuth 2.0 service provider, choose Google Apps as the service provider and enter Client ID and Client Secret from step 6 in their respective fields.
- Restart your Mattermost server to see the changes take effect.
- You may also enter Client ID and Client Secret fields from step 6 directly in
- The following default values in